The Azienda Agricola Cà la Bionda is situated in the commune of Marano di Valpolicella, in the heart of the historically “classic” zone of the Valpolicella. The winery was founded in 1902 by Pietro Castellani (namesake of the current owner) and is now run by the fourth generation of the family represented by brothers Alessandro, the winemaker, and Nicola, the viticulturalist.
The vineyard area extends over 29 hectares of hillside land at an altitude ranging from 150 to 300 meters above sea level and with an east south-east exposure.
Our wines are faithful expressions of our land and of the Marano valley. We only work with native grapes and we only use traditional winemaking processes.
The winery has been certified organic since 2016 and in 2008, along with other like-minded producers, contributed to the formation of the FIVI association: Federazione Italiana Vignaioli Indipendenti.
The FIVI represents a growing group of vignerons who personally follow the entire wine-making process: they grow their own grapes, vinify their own grapes, bottle their own wine and market their own wine.